Our Family's Trail name ~ Team Awesomesauce!

This blog is going to be about our adventures with letterboxing. We just found out about this fun family activitiy and hope to find many letterboxes this upcoming Spring/Summer Season.

Friday, April 15, 2011

Team Awesomesauce is Born!

Earlier this week I was on a Mom's Discussion board and one of the topics was: What do you do with your kids outside for fun? One Mom noted that they love to Letterbox and said there are a lot of letterboxes hidden in Grand Rapids and surrounding areas - I wasn't exactly sure what letterboxing was when I read this so I looked into it. She listed two sites to get started: http://www.letterboxing.org/ and http://www.atlasquest.com/ I looked through these sites and was surprised to see how many locations there were near us with hidden letterboxes. I explained about letterboxing to Isabelle and she was really excited about it, as was Savanna and Tom. So we decided to try it :) All letterboxers create themselves a trail name and we came up with ours last night after watching parks and rec. We are Team Awesomesauce and our stamp will be an apple. The girls also want to make individual trail names and stamps, that is yet to come... I'll explain how letterboxing works in my next post

No comments:

Post a Comment